Abbreviations used in the Hall of Fame
- AG = Anagram Genius
- AP = The Ardmore Puzzler
- B&O = Baltimore & Ohio Magazine
- C = Complications (aka Inter-Ocean)
- F-SP = The Four-Star Puzzler
- GD = Golden Days
- NT = The National Tribune
- NP = The Newark Puzzler
- TE = The Enigma (National Puzzler's League)
- TEE = The Eastern Enigma
- WW = Word Ways
- Tony Augarde, Oxford Guide to Word Games, Oxford University Press, 2003.
- Howard W. Bergerson, Palindromes and Anagrams, Dover Publishing, 1973
- Michael Curl, The Anagram Dictionary, Robert Hale, London, 1996.
- O.V. Michaelsen, Words at Play, Sterling Publishing Co. Inc., New York, 1997.
- William Tunstall-Pedoe & Donald L. Holmes, Anagram Genius, Hodder & Stoughton, London, 1995.
More details about these books, including how to purchase them, can be found